On December 22, 2021, Mark McClardy, the FAA Director of Airports Division for the Western Pacific Region, sent the following Notice of Informal Investigation Under 14 CFR 13.1.
Read the letter here
The letter included a series of eight attachments which are included below.
- December 13, 2021, Aviation Industry Group Complaint Letter
- October 18, 2021, E16 Complaint Letter (Marshall, Neal, and Other E16 Pilots)
- October 8, 2021, RHV Complaint Letter (Gyger, Watson, McDonald)
- February 19, 2021, Letter to the Board of Supervisors
- March 10, 2020, Runway Safety Action Team Action Plan
- February 28, 2020, Letter to the Board of Supervisors President Joe Simitian
- October 18, 2019, Letter to the Board of Supervisors President Joe Simitian
- August 27, 2019, RHV Site Visit Letter
Subsequent to the December 22, 2021 letter from the FAA, they sent the following additional request for information.
On January 11, 2022, the County submitted the following response to the FAA in regards to their letters of December 22, 2021, and January 4, 2022.
The County has responded to most of the concerns identified by the FAA in additional correspondence that was not included in the attachments to the initial FAA Part 13 notification letter. For clarity, the additional FAA correspondence, County response, and other referenced documents are included below.
- October 1, 2021, County Response to FAA Letters of September 14, 2021
- September 14, 2021, FAA Letter to County Regarding 1/14/21 and 2/19/21 Letters
- February 19, 2021, FAA Letter to County Regarding RHV Conditions
- January 14, 2021, FAA Letter to County Regarding Property Release Requests
- October 9, 2020, Letter to FAA Regarding Status of County's Property Release Request
- November 8, 2019, Letter to FAA with County's Response to FAA Letter of 10/18/2019
- September 19, 2019, Letter to FAA for Property Release