The RHV Airport Day / Open House is scheduled for Saturday, September 7th, from 9:30 - 4:00.
I have put together a special webpage with the following information, maps and the permit you will need to gain access to the ramp that day. Please visit https://countyairports.sccgov.org/airports/reid-hillview-rhv-airport/airport-open-house-info-tenants
If you plan on coming to the airport on 9/7, please make note of the following:
* All access to the aircraft parking ramp will be through the gate adjacent to the San Jose State University building on Swift Avenue.
* You will need to display the access pass on your dashboard to be allowed through the gate. (available on the website)
* The self-service fuel island and taxilane G, H and I will be closed for the day. Please plan your fuel needs accordingly.
* All aircraft parking on an H or I will be moved a day or two before the event to make room for the Young Eagles and some limited vendor parking.
* Hangar access for H & I will be severely limited. If you have one of those hangars and intend to fly on Saturday, please contact Airport Operations 408-918-7700 x77901 or Operations Supervisor Femi Odunbaku 408-918-7700 x27706 to arrange for a tie-down. Your aircraft will need to be moved onto the tie-down Friday night and can be placed back inside your hangar beginning about 6:00 P.M. on Saturday.
* Expect lots of traffic getting into and out of the airport. Most roads on the airport will be one-way only. Review the map on the webpage to see the traffic plan.
We are still looking for airplanes for the display. If you are interested, there is flyer on the webpage with some information. You may also contact Greg at Trade Winds Aviation [email protected], 408-729-5100.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact Femi Odunbaku, Airport Operations Supervisor, at 408-918-7700 x27706 or [email protected].
I hope you can come out and enjoy the day celebrating our airport.
Director County Airports